Unitech Construction Management is committed to creating a fun and inclusive work environment for our employees. We have been in construction industry for 33 years and are experiencing extensive growth. We are looking for hardworking, committed individuals who add value to our client projects. We are passionate about collaboration on our project and welcome anyone to our team who have the same goal of doing a good job, having a little fun, and making a little money. We incorporate this into every part of our projects and our business. Whether you are new to the construction industry or experienced, Unitech believes in investing in our people.
- Job Title: Lead Carpenter
- Position Type: Full-time
- Site Location: Masset, BC
Unitech offers a generous compensation package:
- $30 - $36 per hour depending on experience
- Full benefits including Health Spending Account (Visa), LTD and Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement through our Skills Development and Training Program
- Minimum of 5 years carpentry work experience of the same capacity
- Provide carpentry skills to build our client projects efficiently and effectively
- Work safely on site by adhering to Unitech’s health and safety program and Work Safe standards
- Inform discrepancies related to unsafe work standards to direct supervisor
- Perform work at the highest quality of standards
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of any assigned personnel
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial building codes.
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of materials, tools, equipment and practices used in the carpentry trade.
- Extensive knowledge of the qualities of various woods and their adaptability and uses.
- Knowledge of the proper application of wood and metal studs in framework.
- Knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Completion of a Journeyman Carpentry Program with related experience, although equivalencies will be considered.
- Knowledge of First aid an asset.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age.